When I attempt to picture the incarnation , I envision Jesus as an old black Latina woman with AIDS. Why? The most disdained by society is the form the Deity takes. Because of racism, sexism, ageism and society's fear of AIDS, such a person is normatively avoided, ignored and shunned. Yet in Matthew Jesus says that he is just that person: "Truly I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of these, the least of my people, you did it to me."
~Reading the Bible from the Margins
News & Discussion Topics:Christmas greetings from Faithfully Subversives co-hosts, past and present.
- Love Came Down at Christmas - Jars of Clay
- The Christians and the Pagans - Dar Williams
- The Gift of Love - Chaz Rough
- Go Tell it on the Mountain Medley - Jewel
- The Gift of Sacrifice - Maren Ord