News & Discussion Topics:
- Citing Faith, Bush Defends War Actions (more info)
- Sojourners Calls U.S. Church to Repent for War (more info)
- UCC Raises Funds for Refugees (more info)
- Amid Threats, Church Keeps Homeless Shelter (more info)
- God Bless This Mess - Sheryl Crow
- Please Forgive Us - 10,000 Maniacs
- Out of Our Heads - Sheryl Crow
Special guests assisting in the presentation will be SIUC faculty members Rodney Jones of the English Department and Father Joseph Brown, director of Black American Studies, with Elyse Pineau from Speech Communications serving as MC. They, along with local high school and college students and community members will offer poetry from a variety of sources. The work of soldiers, soldiers' families, Iraqis and others will help to illuminate the range of experiences and emotions engendered by this war and its consequences.
On Saturday, March 22nd members of the Peace Coalition and Students for Peace and Democracy will conduct a march and rally to call for an end to the US military occupation of Iraq. Participants can join the weekly vigil to end the war at the Carbondale Town Square Pavilion noon to 1pm and then proceed down Illinois Ave. to the Interfaith Center for a rally at 1:30 PM.
For more information contact Georgeann Hartzog, 521-4239 or Margie Parker, 549-7193.